Monday, April 22, 2013

Police Call

On Monday afternoons I send the boys out to our yard and along the road to "police call". They were gripping and complaining from the second they put on their gloves. "We aren't your slaves," said Jaden. "Why do we have to pick up someone else's trash. This is no fair", cried Jet. While they were walking Jet snagged the trash bag on a thorn bush and everything they picked up started to slowly trickle out. They were both so busy gripping about having to pick up the trash that they didn't even notice their ripped bag. I was not about to tell them about their predicament. I did give them hints "does something seem wrong and how's that bag working". It took them a couple minutes to figure out what happened and then the name calling, shoving and crying started. I try not to get involved with them when they are "communicating". I sat on the grass for ten minutes while they screamed, cried and pointed fingers at each other. I sat and giggled under my breath. Honestly, I didn't mind the wait because three Canadian Geese landed on our pond and I got to sit and admire them (the geese not the crazy boys). Eventually Jet said he was sorry and asked Jaden to go back to the house for another bag. They continued their police call and their gripping. My yard and road is clean and the boys learned a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment