Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Exquisiteness of Kentucky Never Seems To Let Me Down, Even When It’s Weighted Down By Ice



My comfy lovely chair.  Would you want to leave it on a cold day?
For those who don’t know me well, I am a fair weather gal.  While most people express displeasure at extreme heat and humidity, I LOVE IT!  For me, heat is a superlative time for PT (a run) and lounging under a tree.  So you can imagine how I feel about this time of the year.  I tend to drink too much coffee and stay curled up in my favorite chair with either a book or a crochet hook.  The idea of walking out onto crunchy ice covered grass and a slippery sidewalk is beyond absurd to me.  





I feel very Kentuckian in these boots.

However, I am a pretty awesome wife.  Wink. Wink.  So, when my awesome hubby asked to see pictures of our drooping pine trees I agreed to brave the ice and head out into our yard.  BURRRR!!!!  I stepped into my Muck Boots, slipped on my bulky cozy white terry cloth robe, and headed out the front door to enter the land of ice.  I’m sure I looked ridiculous, but let me tell you I was warm and comfy!





Before I even pulled the front door close, I was captivated.  Praise God for another breathtaking view from my porch.   
I've never paid attention to ice on plants before today. Trust me.
I'll be taking many more ice hikes!


Ice on Chach's precious pines.

Our poor droopey pine trees.
The orange on the pine needles caught my attention.  
More sluggish looking trees.
 


Simply awesome.


Drink lots of coffee and stay warm folks!


2 comments: