Friday, January 4, 2013

Clouded Skies

EEEK!  Its been a while.




Obviously, from all my previous posts and the name of the blog I LOVE Kentucky!  There is something very precious about the land, the people and the skies.  I often get very transfixed on the sight of little things; from the red cardinals, to the weeds on the side of the road.  But there is one thing that ALWAYS captures my attention and that is the sky.  I drive the boys to and from school along back roads and more the once I've pulled the car over, sat on the hood and just stared.  I leave my phone, my camera, and my head clutter in the car and just gaze on God’s awesome creation.  Yes, I get funny looks.  No, I honestly don’t care, because for one small moment in my life I feel no worries, no troubles.  It’s just me, the sky and God; that is a powerful feeling.

One piece of advice though, on cold mornings like today bring a towel or a blankie.  The car hood was cold and I froze my tooshie off!  


--The ThaiMex Kentuckian

No comments:

Post a Comment